Wednesday, April 3, 2013

A Snap, A Set and A Song - Hop




Time once again to link with Thea at A Snap, A Set and A Song for this week's theme of Hop. Stop by her site to see her take - and possibly join us with your own post.




When I first saw this week's theme I was stumped. I couldn't think of anything I had that would fit the theme. Then I remembered a visit to the small zoo we have here on Staten Island and its special exhibit in the summer of 2010. The exhibit was Down Under Summer, and it had received a number of Australian animals that were on display here all summer. The big surprise was that when they arrived here in the US, there was one more animal than was loaded in Australia - a baby kangaroo - a joey. No one expected it and he was the hit of the exhibit. After all, how often do you get to see a kangaroo? ;-). (This was back when I was still using a point & shoot and hadn't yet gotten my DSLR and you can see the lack of control that was inherent with that camera.)


The Snap




The Set





The Song





1 comment:

  1. That joey is so cute! I've only seen them a few times. Great iconic song to go with your set. But as rumour has it, poor old Rolf Harris has got himself into some trouble!
    I almost went with that song, too!!

    Great SS&S. Thanks for linking :)

    ReplyDelete